The online Bachelor of Arts in Early Care & Education is designed for those students who want to complete their college degree with a focus in early childhood education. You may enroll full time or part time and begin your studies in fall or spring quarter.
Because of the various steps and requirements, we recommend you plan far in advance of your desired start date. We offer information sessions, one-on-one enrollment coaching, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help you save time and avoid confusion about how the application process works.
"Fantastic admissions advisor! Tabitha was extremely kind and encouraging. She answered all of my questions and concerns.”
Application Dates and Deadlines
A new cohort of the program starts every fall (full-time and part-time enrollment options) and spring (part-time enrollment). Applications open in October for Spring Admission, and in January for Autumn Admission. Please refer to the sidebar for upcoming deadlines.
Minimum Admission Requirements
Beginning in Spring 2024, this program will be open to students residing in the United States who do not require an F-1 student visa.
To be considered for admission, you must have met the following requirements:
- Completed a minimum of 45 transferable quarter credits from regionally accredited colleges or universities (1 semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits)
- Earned a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.0 or higher
- If you have completed fewer than 40 transferable quarter credits at the time you submit your application, you will also need to complete the College Academic Distribution Requirements (UW admission requirements that can be satisfied by high school and/or college coursework). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this requirement.
Note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission to this program or the UW.
In general, you should be able to transfer college-level academic credits for general education courses, which are described on the Undergraduate Advising General Education page, as well as many early childhood and education-related credits.
Learn more on the UW Transfer Credit Policies page, including notable restrictions on transfer credit.
Need help figuring out whether you qualify to apply? Contact an admissions adviser at email@example.com to learn more about admissions requirements and how to request a transcript evaluation.
How to Apply
Because of the various steps and requirements, we recommend starting the application process as early as possible.
To apply, submit the following materials:
- The online application form, which includes:
- Official transcript from each college or university previously attended
- If you have completed fewer than 40 transferable quarter credits, then you must also submit an official or unofficial transcript from your high school.
Official transcripts can be sent to:
University of Washington
Office of Admissions
Seattle, WA 98195-5852
If you have already completed or will complete a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university prior to enrolling at the UW, select the “Early Care & Education (Online) - Post-Bac” option when you fill out the online application form.
Note: Former and current University of Washington students should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to apply.