The online Bachelor of Arts in Early Care & Education is designed for those students who want to complete their college degree with a focus in early childhood education. You may enroll full time or part time and begin your studies in fall or spring quarter.
Because of the various steps and requirements, we recommend you plan far in advance of your desired start date. We offer information sessions and one-on-one enrollment coaching to help you save time and avoid confusion about how the application process works.
Application Dates and Deadlines
A new cohort of the program starts every fall (full-time and part-time enrollment options) and spring (part-time enrollment). For upcoming application deadlines, see the Important Dates box.
Minimum Admission Requirements
This program is open to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and those residing in the United States who do not require an F-1 student visa.
To be considered for admission, you must have met the following requirements:
- Completed the College Academic Distribution Requirements (UW admission requirements that can be satisfied by high school and/or college coursework)
- Completed a minimum of 45 transferable quarter credits from regionally accredited colleges or universities (1 semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits)
- Earned a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.0 or higher
Note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission to this program or the UW.
In general, you should be able to transfer college-level academic credits for courses that fall within the UW Areas of Knowledge, which are described on the Undergraduate Advising General Education page.
Learn more on the UW Transfer Credit Policies page, including notable restrictions on transfer credit.
Need help figuring out whether you qualify to apply? Contact an admissions adviser at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about admissions requirements and how to request a transcript evaluation.
How to Apply
Because of the various steps and requirements, we recommend starting the application process as early as possible.
To apply, submit the following materials:
- The online application form, which includes:
- Official or unofficial transcript from your high school (not required for those who already have a bachelor’s degree)
- Official transcript from each college or university previously attended
Official transcripts can be sent to:
University of Washington
Office of Admissions
Seattle, WA 98195-5852
If you have already completed or will complete a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university prior to enrolling at the UW, select the “Early Care & Education (Online) - Post-Bac” option when you fill out the online application form.
Note: Former and current University of Washington students should contact us for instructions on how to apply.