Our goal is to prepare students to be competent, inclusive, ethical, and professional behavior analysts who work with persons with developmental disabilities and their families.
Students coming out of our program will:
- Understand and fluently apply the principles of behavior analysis
- Have a working knowledge of current evidence-based practices for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Select or create contextually appropriate, evidence-based interventions for individuals with whom they work and critically analyze and evaluate the effects of those interventions
- Work collaboratively and openly with schools, families and other community stakeholders, always with an understanding of how culture and equity impact service delivery
- Ensure that the primary outcome of their work is to improve the quality of life for the individual and his or her family