The Leadership for Learning program admits a new cohort once every three years. Applications are open for L4L Cohort 8 (2021-2024), with a deadline of February 1, 2021. Following the current admissions cycle, the next opportunity to apply will be in February 2024 for the cohort beginning in July of that year. To register for an info session and/or sign up to receive updates and notifications, please complete our online registration form.
Minimum Admission Requirements
Application to the Leadership for Learning Program is competitive. The program seeks candidates who:
- Currently serve in a leadership role
- Demonstrate a meaningful commitment to equity
- Demonstrate capacity for systems-level thinking and potential for systems-focused leadership
- Posess equity-focused leadership experience
- Master’s degree (or higher) from an accredited institution
- A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits); a minimum 3.5 GPA in graduate-level work
Required Application Materials
The following materials are required to apply for admission to the Leadership for Learning program (more details available in the Application Steps section below):
- UW Graduate School online application and fee
- Transcripts from each college or university attended
- Goal Statement, using the provided prompt
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae, listing all relevant degrees, professional experience, awards, publications, presentations and other achievements
- Copy of your teacher, educational staff associate (ESA), principal or program administrator certificate, if applicable. This is required for candidates who seek the superintendent credential.
- Two writing samples
- For the 2021 admissions cycle, GRE scores will not be required as part of a college-wide response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have any questions about the application process or deadlines, please contact Brieanne Hull, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.