Research that informs educational policy and practice is central to the mission of the College of Education and constitutes a core responsibility of all faculty. Our research also provides crucial intellectual opportunities and financial support for our students.
The Office of Research Support (ORS) assists COE faculty with development and submission of grant proposals for external and internal funding; human subjects applications; and completion of grant reports. ORS staff and their primary responsibilities are listed below:
Grants Manager: Louise Clauss (300A Miller, email@example.com, 616-8291)
- identifies sources of funding
- prepares the budget, application forms, and other components of the proposal
- works with UW Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) to obtain institutional review and approval of grant proposals
- submits grant proposal to sponsor (see Proposal Guide).
Research Support Specialist: Jeff Love (300 Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 221-3461)
- completes and processes human subjects applications
- maintains a database of grant deadlines (annual and final reports, renewal, etc.)
- assists with preparation and submission grant reports
- provides back-up for Grants Manager