The College of Education at the University of Washington is now offering a specialized program for those interested in becoming dual language teachers in a K-8 setting. Candidates admitted to the five-quarter program will be a part of the Elementary Masters in Teaching cohort, and will also receive specialized bilingual methods support, including:
- A student teaching placement in a dual language setting
- A bilingual endorsement during their fifth quarter
The BECA program is interested in admitting candidates who are committed to improving the educational outcomes of Mandarin, Spanish, and Vietnamese-speaking students in the Seattle, Bellevue, Shoreline, Highline, Kent, and Federal Way school districts. We are also seeking candidates who are committed to teaching through culturally responsive, sustaining, and social-justice oriented pedagogies.
Prerequisites for this program
- Completion of all prerequisites for admission to the ELTEP program. Learn more about ELTEP prerequisites.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking in both Mandarin and English, Spanish and English, or Vietnamese and English.
Additional requirements upon admission
- If English is not the native language, English Language Proficiency must be demonstrated in concordance with the graduate school policy.
- Translated transcripts must also be submitted with the application.
For more information please contact email@example.com.