In this 10-week module, participants will:
- discuss how to use assessment data to inform classroom practice and promote student growth;
- review basic ‘data literacy’ terms and skills;
- conduct and analyze data available for teachers’ use at their school site;
- articulate a theory of action for incorporating data use into plans for school improvement;
- develop strategies to support colleagues in collecting, analyzing, and acting upon appropriate assessments of student learning.
- This module can be structured as a series of in-person meetings (conveniently located at your district), a fully-online course, or a blended learning experience with online coursework and on-site support.
- The online and blended versions of this module includes audio-narrated slideshow presentation, an interactive discussion forum, and instructor webcam check-ins.
- All formats include interactive and engaging learning activities, research-based articles and chapters for discussion, and personalized feedback on each participant’s progress and action plan.
- Up to 25 participants may enroll in the module
- 30 clock hours are available for full participation in the module (partial clock hours available upon request)
- Timing of module is flexible and can be modified to suit district's needs
- UW instructor will come to your district to provide in-person support
“I think the biggest thing for me with [this module] has been realizing how much data collection we do as teachers, and how much that analysis can actually be on the ground [and] easy. It doesn’t always have to be tons of charts and graphs that we’re trying to decipher.” Lindsay Richards, Social Studies high school teacher, Northshore School District.
“[On my grade level team, I said], ‘Let’s look at data with the test in hand. Let’s actually peel back some layers of the onion as far as our Danielson [framework] goes for our student growth goals.’ And we’ve been able to dig deeper than we ever have before, just using that model and the [Data Wise] cycle.” Heidi Bush, 6th grade ELA teacher, Northshore School District