UW Recreational Sports Intern- Communications/Marketing/Special Projects
Recreational Sports Program (“Rec Sports”) at the University of Washington is seeking a dynamic and independent “intern” to complete Marketing and Communications tasks, as well as special projects assigned by the Director. Some work will take place in a traditional office setting, other work available to be completed remotely.
In conjunction with the Executive Team, incumbent will plan, design, and manage all marketing initiatives for Rec Sports. This position will work to develop awareness of Rec Sports on campus and in the community, and will promote increased participation in Rec programs and facilities.
Marketing Strategies and Brand Development
- Develop a marketing plan to include print, web, video, social and emerging media.
- Create a consistent and effective brand that is utilized across all marketing mediums.
- Increase awareness of department programs, services, and facilities.
- Maintain knowledge of current marketing trends and current trends in the collegiate recreation field.
Marketing Production and Communications
- Develop all marketing and promotional materials to be utilized by the department.
- Maintain and enhance the website.
- Keep social media sites relevant, interactive, and charismatic. Update on a regular basis.
Staff Management and Collaboration
- Work collaboratively with (and in some cases, in supervision of) students and other marketing staff to include graphic designers, photographers, and production assistants.
- Provide on-going training and support for staff through design and implementation of staff training program and ad hoc assistance.
- Collaborate with Executive Team and program coordinators on the development and implementation of select department initiatives.
- Support and serve on Rec Sports Advisory Board.
- Support and serve on Husky Experience Committee.
- Other duties as assigned by Director/Executive Team.
- Bachelor’s degree, likely in the areas of (but not limited to) Communications, Business, Marketing, Social Media, Web/Graphic Design
- Currently enrolled graduate students strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledgeable of mainstream social media channels and experience with social media marketing, strategy, and management
- Practical experience in online marketing, web publishing, and basic web content management in WordPress
- Experience successfully managing student peers
- Independent, self-starter with good problem-solving and self-management skills
- Photography and/or videography experience
- Available and flexible to work evenings and weekends, as needed