Who can apply?

The ELS Minor welcomes any* undergraduate student with at least sophomore standing (45 credits completed) who is declared in a major to join the ELS Minor. There are no additional departmental admission requirements and we encourage you to declare the minor as soon as you decide the ELS Minor would benefit your personal, academic, and/or professional goals AND after you’ve met with your major adviser to explore adding the minor to your course of study.

Students who are not declared in a major are still encouraged to pursue approved ELS Minor courses. Please note, some courses have registration restrictions which require prospective and enrolled ELS Minors to request registration in a course. Please see the ELS Advising web page to access the online registration request form.

How to declare the ELS Minor

While advising for the minor is available from the ELS Advisers in the College of Education, completing the necessary paperwork to enroll in the minor is done with your major adviser. We invite you to discuss adding the minor to your plan of study and completing the minor paperwork with your major adviser.

Shortly after the Registrar’s office completes your minor enrollment paperwork, you will be added to a Canvas course which is a resource for advising, course announcements, and other important information about the minor.

*ECO and ECFS Majors are not eligible to enroll in the ELS Minor.


Featured Stories

Dylan Tran
Undergraduate education major Dylan Tran looks to make impact in education through policy and curriculum development.
Ali Cho, a member of the 2018 Husky 100, found her calling as an advocate for empowering all students to develop as leaders.