Mia Tuan, dean of University of Washington College of Education, will participate in the Seattle Times LiveWire event “K-12 vision and outcomes: Solving the education problems money can’t fix,” a timely forum with education experts, advocates and policy makers, facilitated by Seattle Times Editorial Page Editor Kate Riley and former Executive Editor Michael Fancher.
- Steve Litzow: Washington State Senator Steve Litzow represents the 41st Legislative District and serves as chairman of the Senate Early Learning and K-12 Education Committee. He spearheaded passage of the Early Start Act.
- Mia Tuan, Ph.D.: Dr. Tuan is dean of the University of Washington College of Education, which is dedicated to partnering with schools and communities to make learning come alive for all students.
- Susan Enfield, Ed.D.: Dr. Enfield is currently superintendent for Highline Public Schools, which promises to know each student by name, strength and need, and prepare graduates for college, career and citizenship.
- Shelley Redinger, Ph.D.: Dr. Redinger is the superintendent of Spokane Public Schools and a Spokane native. She was previously the superintendent for Spotsylvania County Schools in Fredericksburg, Va., a district of 23,844 students.
- Eric Pettigrew: Washington State Representative Eric Pettigrew has worked to promote economic development, create affordable housing and expand educational opportunities for every child in Washington, regardless of race or economic status.