Below are resources to support student advising. The Office of Student Services is here to support you every step of the way in your work with students.
Student Services Resources for Graduate Student Advising
- Student Database - College of Education student records, student status, advisees, graduate degree milestones
- Doctoral Milestones and Forms Checklist for Faculty and Students - Actions needed by the student, faculty, and Student Services to complete milestones.
- Graduate Student Handbook - Comprehensive guide from graduate enrollment to graduate completion, policies, procedures, and other student resources.
- Graduate School Policies - Graduate School policies and procedures for graduate students - when in doubt, ask Student Services!
- Graduate Student Forms - Direct students here to complete forms to document any milestone.
Other Student Advising Documents
- Advising Principles (2009)
- Advising Policy (2013)
- Process Questions for Faculty and Graduate Students
- Tips for Giving Effective Feedback on Student Performance
- Guidelines for Working with Academic Student Employees
- Student Employee Support Flow Chart
- Resources Related to Immigration Policy & Issues