Founded in 2016, the Innovation Support Team is the sounding board for reviewing, evaluating, and recommending strategies, plans, and policies for innovative programs associated with the College of Education. The I.S.T. does not approve new programs but is advisory to the Dean and CFO/COO.
The specific elements of the teams charge include:
- Identify strategic questions and areas of challenge related to executing new programs, including administrative, fiscal, human resource, marketing, participant support and learning and information technology.
- Identify opportunities where COE support services can help achieve rapid innovation in the College and streamline proposals.
- Assist innovators in the coordinated implementation of new programs and initiatives
- Support conferences, institutes, camps, professional exchanges, professional development, certificate courses, and degree programs.
- The team works in collaboration with COE Academic Review Team (required only for credit bearing academic programs)
Venn diagram HERE with what is in/out.... example personal consulting is not 'in'.
What we help with...
- Human Resources
- Navigating College and University Policy
- Academic Coordination
- Clock Hours
- Payments and Contracts
Meet the Team
The Innovation Support Team is comprised of key areas leads within the College of Education.
|Chair:||Ann O'Doherty||Assistant Dean for Professional Programsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Members:||Serianna Bock||Budget Fiscal Analystemail@example.com|
|Thomas Frizelle||Director of Information & Learning Technologiesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Roberta Hilton||Director of Finance and Administrationemail@example.com|
|Marty Howell||Assistant Dean for Academic & Student Affairsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lynda Jensen||Program Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Tammy Jez||Academic Planning Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karen Matheson||Director of Institutional Research and Information Managementemail@example.com|
Step 1: I have an idea!
Step 1a: The first step is to discuss your idea with your area chair and get initial feedback.
Step 1b: Once you have an approval to proceed to step 1B please complete the initial proposal form below. Download a copy of the questions before completing the online form here.
Once your Step 1b proposal is submitted, you will be scheduled to meet with our group at the next available Innovation Support Team meeting (meets monthly).
Step 2: I've met with the Innovation Support Team
After meeting with the Innovation Support Team you will be given specific action steps to improve the success of your idea. This might include meeting with a fiscal specialist to develop a budget or doing a more thorough market analysis.
Step 3: Final Approval
You may receive one more set of feedback before the full proposal and Innovation Support Team's endorsement are sent to the Dean and CFO/COO.
Step 4: Launching Your Program
Congratulations! You are now working on your idea with specific team members! Below is a checklist of common "To-do" items for new programs.
- Establish a budget number and contract language for participants
- Reserve space(s) for your event
- Write and get approved staff position descriptions
- Establish an online presences on the College Website
- Meet with the College marketing team to advertise your program
Dowload a checklist for launching your program