The following forms are intended to help you track your progress toward degree completion:
1. Requesting an Ed.S. Degree from the Graduate School
Every Educational Specialist student must submit a degree request to the Graduate School for their degree during the anticipated quarter of graduation. The degree request is solely your responsibility. Complete the Educational Specialist degree request by logging in to your Student MyGrad Page.
You may submit your request beginning the first day of the quarter of expected graduation until the last day of instruction of the quarter of expected graduation. It is recommended to submit this as early as possible in the quarter to ensure that you will meet requirements for graduation. If you miss the deadline, you must pay a $250 Graduation Registration Waiver Fee within 2 weeks after the end of the quarter. Graduation is then for the following quarter and a degree request must be submitted for that quarter.
2. Submit Course of Study & Degree Completion Forms
In addition to requesting your degree from the Graduate School, you must complete and submit a Course of Study Form and Online Degree Completion Form. The Course of Study must be approved by your adviser, and must be submitted online through the degree completion form.
- Degree Completion Form: Ensure that your first and last names coincide with the first and last names on your UW transcript. Your degree is Education Specialist (Ed.S.); major or department is Education.
- Course of Study Form: We recommend that you have a worksheet of your Course of Study checked by your adviser one quarter prior to completing your degree.
3. Don't forget to:
- Register as a graduate student at the UW during the quarter in which you plan to complete your degree.
- Make arrangements to remove any X, N, or I grades posted on your transcript for courses needed to satisfy degree requirements. If the two-year limit to remove I grades has passed, you will need to retake the course/s, if required for your degree. You must successfully complete these courses by the end of the quarter in which you expect to receive your degree in order to keep your name on the graduation list. It is your responsibility to provide our office with confirmation of converted grades.