The UW Graduate School maintains minimum requirements for the doctoral degree. All doctoral students should become familiar with these requirements and discuss them with faculty advisers.
Progress to Degree Checklist
It is your responsibility as a graduate student to ensure that all requirements of the Graduate School as well as those of the College of Education have been met. The doctoral milestones that you will complete throughout your program are listed below. You are strongly encouraged to download a Doctoral Milestones and Forms Checklist and work with your faculty adviser to meet these requirements.
Milestones that will be documented with the College of Education and Graduate School for the Ed.D. program include:
- Completion of 18 Numerically Graded Credits at the 400- or 500-Level
- Completion of 18 Credits at the 500-Level or Above
- Advancement to Prospective Candidacy
- Formation of the Supervisory Committee
- Scheduling Written General Exam
- Completing Written General Exam
- Scheduling Oral General Exam
- Passing Oral General Exam
- Formation of the Reading Committee
- Submitting Doctoral Proposal
- Scheduling Final Exam
- Passing Final Exam