What is Ideathon?
Ideathon is an intensive, 2-day experience in partnership with UW CoMotion and hosted by the College of Education, that challenges undergraduates to collaborate and innovate towards addressing a pressing need. The Education Faculty invite our students to address: How can we better address the educational needs of immigrant and refugee children, youth and families in our schools and communities?
Goals of the Event:
- Help students understand the wide range of constituents involved in the complicated problems of education
- Promote systems thinking (interconnected dynamic pieces of the puzzle)
- Help students have a positive experience that they will share (excitedly) with others
- Help students have a sense of accomplishment at the end of the experience
- Provide opportunities for students to network with education and community-based professionals
JOIN US FOR FINAL PRESENTATIONS!
JANUARY 20 at 6 PM
Maple Great Room
1135 NE Campus Pkwy, Seattle, WA 98105
Friday, January 19 : 5pm-9pm
Saturday, January 20: 9am - 9pm
Dinner included both days | Graduate student coaches | Get Academic Credit | Engage with community partners!
Apply by January 8
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org