Faculty members wishing to sponsor a Visiting Scholar should follow the COE policy. A summary of key points is below:
- The UW requires Visiting Scholars to be professors (including research professors) in established departments at their home institution, to which they will return.
- Visiting Scholars must be sponsored by at least one COE faculty member, who must be willing to spend a little time and effort in hosting the visitor. This need not go beyond such things as a welcoming meeting, answering questions, introducing the visitor to the library, etc., though assisting the scholar in making preliminary contacts with local schools, districts, state agencies, etc. would be encouraged.
- Applicants must submit a letter of application, CV, and description of the work to be done while visiting and the time period requested. [See instructions here]
- All Visiting Scholars are responsible for their own expenses and are not guaranteed office space, phone, or computer facilities.
- Having agreed to sponsor a Visiting Scholar, the faculty member, in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager, will send a formal letter of invitation.