There are many different ways to contribute to the College of Education’s students, faculty, and programs. Explore the following sections to determine what is right for you. Feel free to contact the Advancement staff at any point to learn about the different methods of giving.
All giving is directed through the University of Washington (UW) Foundation and is tax deductible. One hundred percent of your gift goes to the area you designate! Make a gift»
Check to the College of Education
If you wish to send in your gift, please mail your check (made out to the UW College of Education) and indicate which fund you wish to support in the memo line. If you would like more information about the different options and funds, please contact our office and we can talk more about the current needs of the College of Education. Mail Check To:
College of Education
Seattle, Washington 98195-8240
Call the Dean's Office
To make a gift over the phone, contact the Advancement Office within the College of Education: (206) 543-3532.
You can increase the impact of your gift if your employer provides matching funds. Search for your organization and fill out any necessary forms. Learn more»
Corporate & Foundation Giving
Organizations can partner with the UW and the College of Education to create mutually beneficial relationships, all working toward our common goal of improving educational outcomes for all students. Learn more»
Ways to Give
Outside of making a direct gift, there are many different ways to contribute to the College of Education’s students, faculty, and programs. Explore the following sections to determine what is right for you. Feel free to contact the Advancement staff at any point for more information.
- Endowments: An endowment is a permanent fund that lasts in perpetuity to support a purpose of your choosing. The principal of your gift is invested and grows over time, while quarterly distributions provide a steady, reliable source of income to your chosen program. This ensures that your gift will provide benefits to the College of Education year after year, generation after generation. Learn more»
- In-Kind Giving: The College of Education welcomes in-kind gifts (contributions of goods and services) such as equipment, computer hardware and software, books, artifacts, and art. While in-kind donations are often received from businesses and corporations, individual donors also contribute many types of in-kind gifts. Learn more»
- Planned Giving: Planned giving can be a creative and flexible strategy in your estate and charitable planning. Some planned gifts provide you with income, and many of them can reduce your taxes. The greatest benefit, however, lies in knowing that you are supporting work at the College of Education that is important to you and helpful to others. Learn more»
- Real Estate: If you own property that is fully paid off and has appreciated in value, you can deduct the fair market value of your gift, avoid all capital gains taxes, and remove that asset from your taxable estate. Learn more»
- Gifts of Securities & Stocks: Securities, stocks, and mutual funds can easily be transferred and donated to the College of Education, possibly resulting in tax advantages. Learn more»