If you have any questions about confirming your enrollment, email the Office of Student Services at edinfo@uw.edu.

Accepting Your Offer of Admission

Let's make it official!

The University of Washington College of Education is a vibrant, creative, intellectual, and passionate community of learners and doers, and your admission means you share that special spark. No matter where in the world you’re joining us from, you represent both the future of the College of Education and our storied history of educating innovators, change makers, and thought leaders.

Below, you'll find more information to help guide you through your next steps before you join us on-campus. International students must also complete enrollment steps. If you have further questions regarding next steps, we recommend reaching out to the Office of Student Services for guidance.

1. Accept your offer

The UW College of Education does not have a specific date for accepting your admission. However, students are encouraged to let us know as soon as they are able. International students are encouraged to do this by early spring to ensure time for visa processing.

Once you are ready to make your decision about the UW College of Education, return to the online Application for Admission, log in with your e-mail address and password, and indicate your decision.

If you are unsure about accepting your offer of admission, please reach out to your advisor. Your advisor is best suited to assess what options exist given your individual needs, including deferring your admission to the following academic year. 

2. Create your UW NetID

If you choose to accept the offer of admission, you will need to create a student NetID (if you have not done so already) before proceeding to the next steps. UW NetID stands for University of Washington Network Identification. Your UW NetID and password are your account for accessing your UW information and other online services.

3. Confirm enrollment and pay the deposit

To confirm your intent to enroll, you will be required to submit your $250 enrollment confirmation deposit. Once you accept your offer of admission and pay the enrollment deposit, you have successfully confirmed enrollment.

Before courses begin, make sure to remember to register when your registration period opens. For more information about registration periods, check out the UW Registrar website!

4. Send official transcripts and immunization records

You will need to send official transcripts to the Graduate School and documenting required immunizations. If you are an international applicant, you will also need to upload the materials needed for visa processing.  If your degree is still in progress, please wait until your degree has posted to send your transcripts to the Graduate School!

Declining admission

If you decide not to enroll with the College, please indicate your decision in your online application to help us manage our wait lists and enrollments.

Before orientation

Before orientation in the fall, make sure to complete these tasks below:

Keep you address updated

If your address changes at any time prior to your enrollment, update your information by returning to the Online Application for Admission. After you log in, look for the “update profile” link in the top right corner of the application screen.

Submit your FAFSA

Make sure to submit your FAFSA by the January 15 priority deadline. You can still file after this date, but you will not be considered for priority aid. A FAFSA submission is required to receive federal financial aid and to be considered for need-based funding. (Federal School Code for UW is 003798). Find more details on the UW Financial Aid website.

Apply for a scholarship

The College of Education has multiple scholarship opportunities available for graduate students.

Complete the Husky Prevention & Response online course

Every member of the UW community has a role to play in creating and maintaining a University free from violence, harassment, and discrimination. Husky Prevention & Response is a one-time online course on preventing and responding to sex- and gender-based violence and harassment. Complete the required course — which takes 60-90 minutes — before the start of your first quarter. If you do not complete the course, you may be unable to register for future quarters. If you become a student employee while at UW, you will be required to complete a student employee version of the course as well.

Register for orientation

The College of Education offers several orientations for new students to attend. While all new students are encouraged to attend the College of Education’s New Graduate Student Orientation, your program may also offer a program-specific orientation. You will need to register for the orientation(s) you’d like to attend. Make sure to check your email for updates.

Register for classes

Detailed information will be sent in mid-June. Don’t forget to register by July 1! Before you register, view the UW Course Descriptions and UW Time Schedule. For more information on registration, visit the Registration Resources page to learn more about how to register using an SLN, how to view the UW Time Schedule, and more! 

Understand Washington residency

The University of Washington may require you to submit a Residence Questionnaire to verify that you have established bona fide domicile in the state of Washington for tuition and fee purposes. This questionnaire is required to be completed by anyone claiming in-state residency who (1) attended college outside Washington; or (2) attended college in Washington previously as a resident, but was not enrolled, in all or in part, during the last academic year (Autumn through Spring). The classification process can take longer than 6 weeks for a determination. Learn more about residency.

Learn about your Husky Card

The Husky Card is the official identification card for members of the UW community, but its use goes well beyond just an identification card. It provides access to services and opportunities, including campus libraries, with many Seattle-area businesses offering discounts to Husky Cardholders. By adding funds to a Husky Card, cardholders can pay for laundry, campus dining, and even items at the University Book Store.

Advising and coursework selection

You are encouraged to contact your faculty advisor/program director as early as possible to discuss coursework for your program. For more information about course registration periods, check out the UW Registrar website!

While not required prior to registering, advising can be a helpful start to your first quarter. (NOTE: Danforth, L4L, IAL, School Psychology, & Islandwood students will receive specific registration information – contact your program administrator for details). If you have additional questions about enrolling, contact the Office of Student Services.